What is stand up paddle board?
Introduction to the paddle board sports.
SUP (Stand Up Paddle) boarding is an act of transporting one person across the water from one point to another. Early on its method was practiced by ancient Hawaiians around 1800.
- Roc's premium inflatable paddle board is made of the highest quality military grade material. We provide the most durable lightweight boards on the market using the same materials as boards costing...
- Our extra wide design creates an incredible all-around board for riders of all skill levels. These kits can be used in the ocean, freshwater lakes, and rivers. Our board is an industry-leading weight...
- Our premium paddle board package has everything you need to enjoy your day on the water including: your board, collapsible aluminum paddle, removable fin, coil safety leash, hand pump, waterproof bag...
- We stand by the quality of our board and are glad to provide a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty at no additional cost. Supported by the best customer service in the industry, you can trust Roc as the...
- №1 Superior Material and Maneuverability - Made of high quality PVC Material, lightweight and high-intensity. We use the toughest drop stitch materials in the industry. High-intensity layer...
- №2 Inflatable and Portable - Easy inflates and deflates for only 5 minutes. With a simple roll, you can take it wherever you want to go, whether it’s a lake or sea, throw it into your truck, and...
- №3 Non-slip Top Deck - Unique Non-slip pattern provides nice performance for beginners. Runwave Foot Leash makes it safe to surf and avoids the lost of you paddle board.
- №4 Wide SUP Design - Run wave stand up paddling board is 11' long and provides 33'' of deck width for improving stability and balance while standing.
- EXTRA WIDE AND LONGER DESIGN FOR BETTER BALANCE Premium inflatable paddle board with non-slip EVA deck pad is made of high quality material that can able to withstand high pressure.33 inches width...
- ULTRA LIGHT PADDLE BOARD THAT MADE YOU EASY TO CARRY Three detachable bottom fins help improve overall speed and handling.Inflatable stand up paddle board can be used in...
- FAST INFLATION We provide DOUBLE ACTION HAND PUMP which can inflate and deflate quickly.The height-adjustable aluminum paddle(65-82 inches)is suitable for most people.
- PACKAGE INCLUDING adjustable aluminum paddle,safety leash,hand pump,waterproof bag,upgraded backpack,three removable fins and repair kit.
- 【Stable & Portable Sup Paddle Board】Googo blow up paddle board dimension is 10'6"x32"x 6". The extra-wide and longer design achieved amazing balance and stability ability. Our inflatable sup stand...
- 【Anti Air Leaking Design】The inflation valve of the inflatable board adopts a triple anti-leakage structure design to ensure air from being leaking, and ensure safety and stability. Friendly...
- 【Safety Design & Comfortable Touch】The surface of the stand up paddle boards are made of comfortable fabric material with an anti-slip EVA deck. Googo stand up paddleboard with a weight limit of...
- 【Ultra-Light Construction Dual-Layer PVC】Googo infatable paddle board is made of the highest-quality military-grade PVC materials. Constructed with the additional PVC layer of board rails are...
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY ON MATERIALS.inflatable paddle boards,paddle board,inflatable paddle board,stand up paddle board,aqua plus inflatable paddle board,inflatalbe sup,paddle boards,standup paddle...
- Ultra Portable : Deflated it's only 1 foot in diameter by 37". Inflated size : 10'6" length, 33" wide and 6" Thick. Weight 20lbs, Maximum capactiy is up to 330lbs, Stable and great for all skill...
- Rigid Design : It feels very similar to a hard board.The board is made of Military Ultra Light PVC Drop Stitch Fabric. Constructed with additional PVC layer of board rails are highly strengthened the...
- Deck Features : 5mm Comfort diamond groove traction for grip. 11pcs of 316Stainless Steel D-Rings and bungee on front deck for storage.
- [WIDE SUP DESIGN] – The Tower Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board is 10’4” long and provides 32” of deck width for improved stability and balance while standing.
- [SUPERIOR MANEUVERABILITY] – The large single bottom fin helps improve overall speed, handling and steering for easier use by kids, teens and adults alike.
- [MILITARY GRADE MATERIAL] – 6” Thick Military-Grade PVC material and Drop-Stitch construction provides extreme durability. Never worry again about dings and board cracks.
- [NON-SLIP SOFT TOP DECK & QUALITY] – Great for beginners, as well as experts! People of all skill levels will appreciate our design which reduces the likelihood of accidents or injuries should you...
- Bodeez Art, Barefoot (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 109 Pages - 03/18/2019 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- 10'8 - LOOKING FOR THE MOST STABLE, VERSATILE, ALL-INCLUSIVE SUP PACKAGE ON THE MARKET? Only Bluefin uses 1000 Denier Exo Surface Laminate PVC & Pro Weave Drop Stitch. These materials make our boards...
- KAYAK CONVERSION KIT & GoPro MOUNT - Use our D-rings to transform your SUP into a SUP kayak in seconds! Clip on our comfortable padded seat & swap SUP handle for specialist kayak paddle end....
- DURABLE TRAVEL SUP BACKPACK & LIGHTWEIGHT FIBREGLASS PADDLE - The most comfortable SUP backpack available with loads of extra padding & super wide straps. Our 2 piece paddle has an ergonomic...
- SMART LOCK FIN & DOUBLE ACTION PUMP - Our versatile 8” centre fin with optimised rake provides ultimate glide and versatility for day to day paddling. No metal parts to lose, clip it in securely in...
- WIDE AND LIGHTWEIGHT SUP DESIGN - Three sizes stand up paddling board, 10'6" long and 31''of deck width for improved stability and balance while standing.Paddle Boards Premium Inflatable Paddle Board...
- PREEMINM MATERIAL - Inflatable Paddle Boards is Made Of The Highest Quality Military Grade Material.Max load is up to 280 lbs Providing The Most Durable Lightweight Board On The Market. Brushed...
- SUPERIOR MANEUVERABILITY - The triple bottom panel fins help board improve overall speed, one big fin is removable, and two small fins are unremovable which are fixed on the board, handling and...
- VERSATILE PORTABLE STAND UP PADDLE BOARD - Quickly inflates or deflates for easy storage - packing down to the carrying bag.FBSPORT pandle board can be used in different water including sea,lakes,...
- 【User Scenarios】FEATH-R-LITE paddle boards is your first choice for water sports.FEATH-R-LITE inflatable paddle boards (SUP) are suitable for all skill Levels to enjoy themselves, explore, or...
- 【Materials and Parameters】The new ultra light military grade double wall PVC is 35% lighter than similar size products (16.7 pounds), with excellent wear resistance, toughness and long service...
- 【Design and Use】FEATH-R-LITE's unique ergonomic handle design allows you to inflate your paddle more easily in a shorter time. The sensitive barometer ensures that you can read the sup inflation...
- 【Package Including】1×inflatable paddle board, 1×adjustable sup paddle ,3×fins , 1×sup pump , 1×backpack , 1×waterproof phone bag, 1×leash .
In this era, the board was designed with full of holes all over the wood frame as to reduce the weight perhaps. Then in 1930’s, Thomas Edward Blake, redesigned the construction of the board to make it hollow-inside for better floatability and later on comes newer board shape is made from long-lasting glass reinforced plastic at outer layer and foam filled inside.
Nearly a century later, paddleboard has become a famous aqua based sport. Waterfront cities all over the world will include SUP boarding or surfing in their weekend’s activities. Stand up paddling can be done in both calmly river and high wave oceans.
For high wave oceans activity also known as surfing, paddling usually requires only at the beginning moving farther towards incoming higher wave and when the surfer think it’s about time to glide over the wave, paddling is no longer needed, for some, the paddle can be used to cut through the wave for extra stability while gliding.
Bear in mind that surfing of this kind involving higher ocean waves is extremely risky and dangerous, simple mistake or careless when surfing can cause serious injury on colliding with objects that carried away by the turbulence oceans waves.
High wave oceans paddle boarding is usually for experienced surfer or paddle boarder and those who just start to learn SUP boarding, they need to master it on calm water with sufficient training and skills from professionals.
There is another low risk activity also referred as stand up paddle boarding on calm water or lake. As long as you know how to swim is enough for this kind of paddling.
Although no professional guidance is needed to perform the stand up paddle boarding, first timer will find its hard maintain balance while standing on the board. Continuous attempts on giving strokes and fall off from the board will teach the first timer how to get a good balance while paddling.
Apart from try and error practice, the anatomy knowledge of human body muscles understanding is also needed in order to acquire best technique on becoming professional paddle boarders.
Types of Stand Up Paddle Boards
Paddle boards come with different types and construction materials. What makes them different? Different manufacturer may classify them differently, but below are some categories of paddle boards available on the market:
All-Rounder SUPs: All-rounder board has a “planning” hull and its typical length is between 10’ to 12’ with width ranging from 29” to 36”. Planning hull provides smooth ride over the waves, making it suitable for beginner and for those who want to paddle on flat, calm water such as lakes or near to the shore. If you plan to go fishing with your stand-up paddle board, then all-rounder is definitely your main choice.
Racing, Touring or Downwind SUPs: “Displacement” hull is the main features of this board. This type of hull is more efficient and provides added speed during cruising or touring. Touring board usually has a length of 12’ to 14’ long and has narrow body. Stability is the main concern here due to its narrow width and thus, not recommended for beginner.
Hybrid SUPs: As the name suggests, hybrid board can be used as a sit-on-top kayak or you can stand up on it. Can be used for fishing as well as surfing.
Surfing Stand-Up Paddle Boards: For surfing purpose, all-rounder board is a fair choice since they offer good stability when riding over the waves. For newbie surfer, our suggestion is to get wide, all-rounder board first. Once you have gained more experience and have better control, then you can upgrade your skills with narrow surf SUP. As for experienced surfer, you might want to jump straight into narrow and short board since they are faster and easier to manoeuvre.
Kids SUPs: For kids, our recommendation is to use short, all-rounder stand up paddleboard (around 8 feet long is fine) since they are easier to carry and manoeuvre compared to typical paddleboard made for adults. Inflatable SUPs also an excellent choice for kids since they are lightweight and can absorb slight impact in case your kids fall on the deck.
Women’s SUPs: Since the normal SUP boards are big and heavy, some manufacturers have decided to produce a special type of board made for women. This type of SUPs usually is ultra-light and easier for women to carry around.
Among these types, you’ll find different construction materials such as:
Inflatables Stand Up Paddle Boards (iSUP): They’ll hold up to 15 psi for the durability to use anywhere. These boards can be easily stored and transported to the water. If you live far from water and think that transportation is your limiting factor, then inflatables should be your first choice.
Expanded Polystyrene (ESP): These are lightweight, but can have the drawback of allowing water to get into the gap between the cells should the board be damaged in any way. A good paddle board designs will have what are called fused-cell EPS which feature a watertight, honeycomb design.
Soft Boards: This is a combination of EPS and wood or fiberglass stiffeners. These boards are ideal for new paddle boarders who will probably fall off quite often.
Composite Boards: As you step up in class, the boards get lighter and wrap the core in fiberglass and even wood. Premium boards will replace fiberglass with carbon fiber which make them ultra-light, but also very delicate.
Those who love to have an outdoor activity for workout may choose stand-up paddle boards (SUP) as one of their favorites. Research has said that stand up paddling requires full concentration and joint forces of every muscle you have on your body. Yet from far, both legs seem like not moving but deep beneath the skin the muscles are playing it mechanics parts.
The growing popularity of stand up paddle boards has changed the way in which waterways, estuaries, rivers, lakes, creeks and coastlines can now all be explored. SUP boards offer a new, private, eco-friendly way to see beautiful waterways that is affordable and practical. Stand-up paddle boards are easy to strap to the top of cars or throw in the bed of trucks, and this portable access allows for an additional option to any outing on or near water.
Various types include wood stand up paddle boards as well as inflatable stand up paddle boards or iSUP and both offer a unique approach to the activity. With wood or classic stand up paddle boards users can make a bigger investment into the activity and purchase a well crafted board that is designed to last, designed to be durable, and practical in how stable it is and how much it is able to float.
Inflatable stand-up paddle boards are more sensible for the weekend warrior who does not want to have to worry about lugging around a bigger board. Inflatable stand up paddle boards afford the stability of a regular SUP with the flexibility and durability of a strong design; perfect for someone who wants to take their paddle board to the most unknown places.
For a naturalist pursuit into the great unknown of any size body of water, stand up paddle boards are a unique approach to seeing that which could previously not be accessed by boat or by swimming. Consider how a sunset will look from the banks of a small river or the sunrise from the coastal shoals of a hidden lake, consider the combined workout that stand up paddle board have to offer and you not only have a fun way to explore, but a way that is healthy and exciting. Join the Sun Paddleboard in experiencing one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Whether you are new to stand up paddling or are an experienced paddler, Surf SUP provides you the opportunity to experience all that.
Stand Up Paddleboarding Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will I need waves to be able to paddleboard?
A: Despite the fact that stand up paddleboards seem like extra-large surfboards, you do not need waves to be able to love this particular self-powered sport. Actually, flat water is preferred for building your paddleboard abilities.
Q: How can i rent a board?
A: Most surf shops that sell paddleboards also rent them. It’s a terrific way to try out the game prior to committing to purchasing.
Q: How big stand up paddleboard is the best for me?
A: The option is dependent upon a mix of paddler weight and skill, your intended use and also the local conditions. Speak with an store worker for assistance with selecting the best paddleboard for you personally. Look the specials stand-up paddleboards for women.
Q: How come the paddle come with an position?
A: The elbow inside a paddle supplies a more effective, effective stroke. When you are paddling, the elbow causes the paddle edge to align upright and lower because it comes alongside the paddleboard.
Q: What must i put on for paddleboarding?
A: Put on clothing that allows you progress which could possibly get wet: shorts along with a T-shirt or perhaps a bathing suit work nicely in warm environments. In cold temperature when hypothermia is really a danger, think about a diving suit or drysuit. Always put on a PFD (Personal Flotation Device).
Q: Should i wax the top paddleboard?
A: Most paddleboards offered possess a traction pad mounted on the top board. These provide reliable grip and cannot be shined up. When you purchase a paddleboard that does not have this type of pad or soft-top, you will need to make use of a base wax along with a grip wax (for example Sticky Bumps) to supply traction.
Q: How do you transport the board on my small vehicle?
A: You are able to transport your paddleboard on the top rack of the vehicle. It is best to make use of a bar pad around the rack to be able to safeguard the board. Make sure to stack the board on the top using the fin up, for the front. Use surf-specific straps that will not crush the froth around the board whenever you strap it lower. Watch the Expert Consultancy video for tips about moving watercraft .
Q: Can the fins on the stand-up paddleboard be removed?
A: The fins on bottom from the board assist with moving with the water. They may be removed for travel and storage, however, you will not wish to paddle without one.
Q: Where is the greatest spot to get up on a paddleboard?
A: Stand just behind the middle reason for the board. The nose (front) from the board should not pop from the water, and also the tail should not search in. Find the best spots in USA to SUP.
Q: Can One have a paddleboard in rivers?
A: Yes, you are able to paddleboard just about any navigable lake.
Q: Why don’t you only use a kayak?
A: Kayaking is excellent fun, but the good thing about SUP is the fact that standing enables you to definitely enjoy far better sights, both towards the horizon and lower in to the water. It is a simpler sport to pursue than kayaking, with less equipment needed. Additionally, it provides a fantastic core workout.
Q: Are you able to surf having a stand-up paddleboard?
A: Yes, but learn how to surf within an empty break before you decide to go into the selection. When you are getting good, make sure to share the waves!
Q: Exactly what does a complete paddleboarding setup cost?
A: Based on which models you select, the price of a board and paddle ranges from about $1,100 to $2,100.
Last update on 2021-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API